Welcome to our website !

Japanese Cotton Spongebob

By Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This recipe originally from Wokkingmum, my online cooking bible. Seriously, I learn all types of dishes from her blog. Very reliable, although most of the time the outcome may look different, but still taste very good. I named this recipe Japanese Cotton Spongebob, just to add some fun into baking/cooking :p

Japanese Cotton Spongebob

Ingredients:

* 60g butter (melted)
* 80g plain flour
* 80ml fresh milk
* 1 egg
* 5 egg yolks
* 5 egg whites
* 120g sugar
* pinch of salt


*Prepare all the ingredients, very simple recipe actually*

*Sieve plain flour and add in butter*

*Mix together till well blended. I thought of using the electronic mixer, but the flour fly everywhere -.- So better to use a spatula and hand mix it*

*Add in fresh milk and mix till well combined. Add the 1 egg and 5 egg yolks till well blended*

*It should look like this when it is well combined (I think :p)*

*In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Add in sugar and salt. Whisk till stiff. I noobly use a fork to whisk it. Whisk until my hand numb still so watery. At last, I used the electric mixer to whisk it. It takes a while only to stiff >.<*

*See how beautiful it is. It tastes very nice somemore. Sweet, creamy and soft*

*Deng deng deng...Magic!! lol..Sorry, I'm too excited. First time whisk egg whites and it turned out beautifully. This is the meaning of stiff. When you turn the bowl upside down, the mixture will not drop :D*

*Fold in egg whites into egg yolks mixture till well incorporated*

*Until become like this*

*Pour the mixture into muffin cup and bake in preheated oven at 170C for 25 minutes*

*Again, my cake is different from the picture shown in the recipe. But don't care la. As long as the taste still there*

*The cute spongebob. 'Mengecut' already after took out from oven*

*Cake texture is like sponge cake, rich in eggs and butter flavour*

You Might Also Like

0 love notes

Powered by Blogger.