Welcome to our website !

Sweet and Sour Ribs, Marmite Prawns, Mix Vegetable

By Monday, February 04, 2008

If you notice, my posts are always circling around that few things. FOOD, SHOP and CRAP. I had enough of shopping after yesterday. It really tortured me to shop for guy things, especially for my brother. I even have to shop for his Valentines presents for his bunch of girlfriends. The worse is all with my blood sweat money.
This is a backdated post for last Friday where I cook some simple dishes for dinner. I really salute myself because I can cook/prepare the dish and snap the photos at the same time. My way of cooking is the Express Way, whereby I prepared everything and cook at the same time (if I can). For this three dishes, the flow is simple.

Step 1 (Prepare/Marinade)

Sweet and Sour Ribs (learn from Wokkingmum)
Ingredients:
*Pork ribs (Buy those chopped one if you are lazy to chop)
*Oil for frying
Marinade:
*1 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
*1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
*1 Egg
*1 tablespoon Water
*A pinch of salt

Sauce:
*2 tablespoon Black Vinegar
*2 1/2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
*1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
*1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
*3 tablespoon Water


Marmite Prawn (learn from Wokkingmum)
Ingredients:
*Prawns, slit the back and devien
*Corn Flour for dusting
*Oil for frying

Seasonings:
*50ml Water
*4 pieces Rock Sugar (those in regular rectangular shape)
*1 teaspoon Sugar
*2/3 tablespoon Marmite


Mix Vegetable (self created)
Ingredients:
*Brocoli
*Carrot
*Fu Chuk
*Button Mushroom
*Garlic
*Onion

Sauce:
*2 tablespoon oyster sauce (roughly)
*1 table cornflour
*Water
*1 tablespoon sugar (roughly)
*A pinch of salt



*Defrost the ribs first if you keep it in freezer. Marinade at least 3 hours*

*Defrost the prawns, wash clean*

Cut the 'misai' and slit the back. It may sound hard to slit the back when the shell is hard and 'licin'. My tips is get a sharp knife, hold both sides of the prawns and gather the pressure on top, slowly cut it. If don't want to slit it also no big deal lah. Eat the shit also :p*

*Prepare all the prawns and put aside*

*Cut all the vegetables like in picture or cut into any shape that you like :)*

*I bought the packet of carrots a month ago. They even grow white hair now!*

*Prepare all the sauces. On top is sweet and sour sauce, bottom left is mix vege oyster sauce and bottom right is marmite sauce*

Step 2 (Cook/Fry)

*Heat oil in wok/pan. Fried the ribs till golden brown or cooked*

*Turn to the other side. After frying the ribs, I used back the same oil to fry the prawns. Lightly dust the prawns with cornflour and fry until turn red*

*Continue with the ribs. Bowl the sauce. Add in ribs and coat evenly. Dish and serve*

*This is the fried prawns*

*Pour the prawns into wok/pan. Add in sauce and stir in low fire till thicken*

*Next, is the mix vegetable. I don't have the accurate measurement for the sauce actually. I just simply add this and that until the taste is there. Fried garlic and onion till aroma comes out. Pour in all the other vegetables. Add in the sauce, add more water if too dry*

*Close the lid for awhile and let it boil in low fire*

Step 3 (Serve)

See, it is not hard to cook a simple dinner right.


*My sweet and sour ribs. Adam likes this dish a lot*

*Marmite prawn. Although it is a bit salty, due to the taste of marmite, I like it. Maybe because I like to eat marmite. I should try to add honey or more rock sugar next time*

*Mix vegetables. Adam's favourite also.

You Might Also Like

4 love notes

Powered by Blogger.