Welcome to our website !

Homemade Hawaiian Pizza

By Tuesday, May 22, 2012 ,

There are a few recipes in lined which I planned to try. Pizza is one of them. I had been thinking of making my own pizza dough since quite some time ago but never attempted it. The thoughts of kneading the dough scared me. Until I came across this recipe which is rather easy and fast. 


The ingredients to make pizza bread is pretty basic. All you need is plain flour, salt, sugar, dried yeast, warm water and olive oil. Such simple ingredients to create an amazingly soft bread. The methods are very simple as well. First, combine the yeast, a pinch of sugar and warm water. Let is sit until it foams. While waiting, sieve plain flour in a separate bowl. Mix in salt and make a well at the centre. Add in yeast mixture and olive oil, mix it using cutting motion until well combined. When I added in the yeast mixture and olive oil into my dough, it seemed a bit too watery. But as I started to mix them together, it started to come together. Continue to mix until it foams a ball. If you find the dough still sticky, it's okay because we will knead it afterwards.  

Prepare a big bowl and grease with olive oil. This bowl will be used to keep the kneaded dough for it to rise. So use a bigger bowl. Flour your table surface and knead the dough until it is soft and elastic. Whenever you find the dough starts to stick on the surface, flour the surface and the dough a little bit. A little at a time, only if the dough is sticky. The finished dough will be very soft and elastic, not sticking to the surface or your hands. Put it into the greased bowl and turn the dough around so that it is cover with olive oil. Cover with cling wrap and let it rise for 30 mins or double its size. 


The dough will rise nicely. I was so happy seeing the puffy dough :p When it is ready to bake, just use whatever amount of dough that you wish. I only used half and it yielded for about a regular size pizza with    classic crust. The other half is in the freezer. Roll it into desire shape and thickness (thinner will be better because the bread will rise), spread pizza sauce or in my case, pasta sauce on top of the dough then top it with the ingredients that you want. Since I am making Hawaiian Pizza, I added pineapple juice from the canned pineapple to the sauce. For toppings, I use sausage, ham, pineapple, onion, mushroom, cheddar cheese and mozzarella. To bake, lightly grease your baking pan or I just used a non-stick one. Bake at 240C for 20 minutes or until the cheese melted. 


Voila, homemade pizza fresh from the oven. I can guarantee you this is so much better than any pizza you can find. Nothing beats the soft bread and scrumptious amount of toppings. I kept the leftover in the fridge, hubby reheated it the next morning and had it for tea in the afternoon, the bread still soft! I was having a piece a moment ago, which was reheated this early morning. Yes, it is still soft :D Homemade pizza ftw!

You Might Also Like

0 love notes

Powered by Blogger.