Welcome to our website !

Mehron Celebre HD Pro Foundation

By Tuesday, May 29, 2012 ,

Update: I'd placed and order for Light 3 (LT3) to do a comparison with Medium 1 (ME1). I will post up the swatches as soon as I receive it. Based on what I've read, ME1 is suitable for NC20, while LT3 is for NC15. 

Have you ever try cream foundation before? If you haven't, please get one and try it! I had used liquid, powder and mineral foundation before. And recently, I just started using cream foundation. It is the best among all!

In one of Goss's best cream foundation video, he highly recommended a couple of cream foundations which he thinks are the best. Ever since then, I'd done my research on the brands he mentioned. Such as the price, reviews, shades and mainly how to buy them. 

After comparing the prices, amount of products etc., I chose Mehron Celebre HD Pro Foundation to try out how cream foundation works for me. If you want to get more information about Mehron Celebre, do visit Mehron's website for more information.

Celebré PRO-HD Makeup Foundation is an oil-free and fragrance-free cream makeup that delivers satin-smooth, buildable coverage that is non-greasy and great for all skin types. Our experienced chemists formulatedCelebré PRO-HD to be buildable to suit the amount of coverage needed.  It contains powerful antioxidants such as vitamin E, pomegranate and aloe vera that help soothe the skin.

Mehron is a theatrical makeup products which are commonly used for stage makeups. But now it is widely available to other users as well. However, there are still not many reviews available online, which brings to my next problem.

I couldn't decide the shade for my skin. Since I'm buying this online, I have to guess my shades based on the very few reviews and swatches. Very challenging -.- After going through all the comments from every reviews a few times, I'd decided to take Medium 1 to try my luck. 

Since I got it, I have been using it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! I don't own many foundations. Besides Mehron Celebre, I have MUFE Mat Velvet +, Revlon Colorstay, Bare Mineral and Shiseido powder foundation. I find myself always go for Mehron Celebre everytime I want to do my face. 




Left to right: Mehron Celebre HD Pro Foundation in Medium 1, Revlon Colorstay in Sand, MUFE Mat Velvet + in 25
Both shades from Revlon and MUFE are not exactly my perfect shades. They blend fine to my skin tone but not perfect. Sand is the lightest available here and MUFE's shade was recommended by the SA. Anyway, I don't look awkwardly fair, yellow or anything with any of them. Just that after I learnt more about foundation, I feel that they are not my perfect match. 


There are a few things why I love it so much. 

Creamy Texture
The texture is so creamy and it glides on the skin so smoothly. I've never came across any types of foundation which gives such creamy texture. Perhaps this is why some makeup artists raved about cream foundations. It looks a little oily/shiny in the pot after a few use but it is not greasy at all when I apply it. 

Easy to Blend
Among all the foundations that I have, this is the easiest to blend and work with. Because it is so creamy, it makes blending almost effortless. Best of all, I do not need a brush to apply it. But I can't do the same for liquid foundation. Somehow I don't get a smooth application if I only use my fingers. And if I use the normal foundation brush, it will give me streaks. The best way of applying liquid foundation is to use duo fibre stippling brush, which I don't have. I usually will use my fingers to apply and blend my Mehron Celebre on my face. It only takes seconds to finish the whole application. It feels creamy in the beginning, then it turns into sort of a smooth powder finish as I blend it in.

Flawless Application
I don't dare to claim that this foundation gives me a 'flawless' look because I don't have good skin to begin with. My skin has many pitted/ ice pick scars which are dented into the skin. So prep and prime is equally important to achieve a flawless application. I prime my skin with Smashbox Primer Light and apply Benefit POREfessional to certain areas which have deeper scars. Then, I apply the foundation. It gives a really smooth and high coverage application on the first layer itself. Because I have super oily skin, I set my face with pressed powder or my recent favourite, Ben Nye Visage Poudre Luxury Powder in Banana (or I called it Banana Powder in short). I totally love how it looks and feels on my skin, non-cakey, non-greasy, very light weight and very natural. It gives my skin a dewy and healthy look. 

Good Coverage
Good coverage is a little understatement. The coverage is EXCELLENT! As I said, my skin has many old deep scars which are painful to cover or conceal. With this foundation, I only need a little products (about 2 swipes for each side of my face) to cover most of the flaws. I will dab a bit more on some deeper scars. Mat Velvet gives me equally high coverage but I need to use more and it needs certain techniques to get a non-cakey and good application.

Affordable Price
The price for Mehron Celebre is $9.95 from Camera Ready Cosmetics. Super affordable for 0.9oz of products. It is the cheapest among other comparable brands. However, since I only wanted to get one to try out, I joined a spree to buy this. The price is much much much higher. But it's still way cheaper if I were to compare it with all the foundations that I own. Nevertheless, it is still a great deal!

That concludes my very humble review on Mehron Celebre HD Pro Foundation. Hope it helps!

You Might Also Like

2 love notes

Powered by Blogger.