Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2012 - Part 2
As expected, the last three visits weren't my last visit to the awesome Big Bad Wolf Book Sale. Hubby said that I'm obsessed. I kinda agreed with him :P
I have been checking their Facebook page for updates and reading through every single comments from others.
Finally, I couldn't contain myself any longer and shyly asked hubby to bring me there again last Thursday after work. As expected, I only had a mere 1 hour to look around since we reached there at 8pm. I quickly marched to the Sci-Fi and Young Adults tables to look for the books that I want. There are a few titles I had on my list after reading through the reviews from other buyers. I could only spent 30 minutes looking for books, another 20 minutes to decide and put back whichever books that I don't want to its respective tables and another 10 minutes to pay.
Anybody interested in this set? There were a few but not sure if it's still available now. This reminds me of Nora Roberts The Bride Quartets series which I saw during preview. Regret of not getting it. The box of four only cost RM30! *sigh*
Saw this True Blood box series on one of the table. I got mine from US and it costs me a bomb!
Anybody interested in this set? There were a few but not sure if it's still available now. This reminds me of Nora Roberts The Bride Quartets series which I saw during preview. Regret of not getting it. The box of four only cost RM30! *sigh*
I'm glad that this super short trip is a fruitful one because I managed to find these.
An unexpected find will be Neil Gaiman American Gods. I actually have Good Omen in my list but I couldn't find it after so many visits. I just finished reading Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan and I really like it. So the minute I saw another book by Rick Riordan, I had to put it into my trolley. Finnikin of the Rock was recommended by another blogger so I would like to give it a try. Since I have The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, might as well collect The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest also. I found Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah from one of those boxes of unwanted books under the table while I was going through my picks. Why not? :P
Five books in 1 hour. I'm impressed with myself *smack head* But I do have reasons why I'm getting each of them hehe..
The fifth visit was a scheduled one the moment I saw the announcement that there are new titles at BBW. The one on top of my list is The Kite Runner. So we went again on Friday to hunt those books down. Since they are having Mission 60 starting from Friday to Sunday, I can slowly browse through all the loose books. I must say that I'm getting quite good at this after several visits. I found so many treasures from all over the place. Many of my finds were misplaced at the wrong sections. Seriously have to take your time to go through every single title on the table.
After hours of hunting, my trolley was overloaded and I need to sort out the books that I picked. There are few which I chose to let go i.e. Custody by Manju Kapur, Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah.
Kinda disappointed that I couldn't find The Kite Runner, but I did find a few copies of A Thousand Splendid Suns which wasn't too bad after all. I place the rest somewhere easier for others to locate. Who knows somebody might be interested.
Another new title which had been restocked is Pretty Little Liars. I managed to find 5 of them from different sections. Lucky me. Still have 3 more to complete the series. Besides that, I also managed to find two of Sarah Dessen's books and another title by Neil Gaiman. It's a compilation of stories from many famous authors.
Also managed to get the last book from Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy. Now I have a complete series. Other interesting purchases are The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling and Tamora Pierce Circle of Magic. Out of this pile, one is for a friend. Saw it while digging through piles and piles of books. Remember to claim it from me ya! ;)
Feel so guilty while lugging my trolley to the cashier. Especially when hubby was 'tsk tsk tsk' all the way. But I am very very glad with my purchases! :D
Probably will make a last visit before BBW ends. Let's see if I manage to hunt any more great gems. In the meantime, I shall indulge myself with my loot.




0 love notes