Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2012
It's the time of the year again! The world's biggest book sale, Big Bad Wolf which is already taken place since 7th December at MIECC. I guess everyone would have visited BBW by now. Myself went during the preview on 6th December since I'd won a preview pass hehe.
There are many comments about the location this year especially on the traffic since MIECC is next to Mines Shopping Centre. Personally, I prefer MIECC than MAEPS for a few reasons. First of all, covered carpark with lift access. The weather is bad these days. Everyday is raining cats and dogs. Imagine pregnant ladies, mother with kids/ babies and senior citizens having to lug their books all the way to the carpark under the heavy rain. Secondly, the facilities are great compared to MAEPS. They have food and playing areas for the children just right above the books area. Everyone can shop with an ease, no empty stomach, kids can have fun at the playing area. Regarding the traffic, it depends on the time of visit I guess.
I had been to BBW for three consecutive days and each time with a different experience. Preview day was fantastic because the books were well organised and stocks were all piled up. Crowd was very much lesser so I can take my own sweet time to go through the books. However, 8 hours of preview definitely not enough whatsmore I only reached around 3pm since I was working half day. I only managed to cover like 1/4 of the hall and miss out quite a number of titles e.g. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and other books by Jodi Picoult. To those who is interested, there are actually plenty of books by Stephen King during the preview. Probably they are sold out or BBW team haven't replenish them. Same goes to Tony Parson and Nicholas Sparks books.
My second visit was on Friday night or should I say Saturday morning since I reached there around 12am after the massive jam to the carpark. The crowd was insane and the hall was already in a big mess with boxes of books piling up on the floor. People have been leaving all the unwanted books everywhere. Of course we do not expect everyone to put back the books to the same place since the hall is huge and we might forget where we got the books from. But at least there should be a place to drop all the unwanted books to ease the job of team. Books selection wasn't so great and many books weren't available anymore. But I still managed to dig in and got some good titles. The nightmare began when hubby called and asked me to look at the queue to the cashier. It took us almost 3 hours to queue up and pay our books!!! Poor hubby had to sacrifice his sleep and went to work straight after that.
Well, that didn't stop us from visiting for the third time though. We went again yesterday around noon and see if there is any new stocks. The crowd wasn't so bad, hall still in a big mess but I think the team did replenish some of the books.
All in all, it is the best book sale with the best-est deal! And I do not mind visiting BBW again and again until it ends.
After all the grandmother stories above, let's look at my haul thus far.
A total of 22 books from Fiction, Romance and Young Adults sections. No Self Help or whatsoever (yet). I'd done my research and read through reviews before I picked these books up. Any other titles that I came across which is not in my checklist, I will google for the review first before I put them into my trolley bag. This is my strategy to avoid buying books that I will not read :s
Last year, I was too excited when I saw so many books and grab anything and everything that caught my eyes. Ended up with many books that are still collecting dust in my book shelf *slap self*
I still have a few in my checklist which I haven't gotten my hands on. Hopefully the BBW team will replenish the stocks very soon.
While I was busy checking out books for myself, hubby was at the Children section to get some books for our baby. I knew I wouldn't be able to cover the entire hall, so I asked him to cover the Children section for me hehe. Bought this few which are more suitable for baby. The last book is the only cooking/baking book that I got so far. There are tonnes of cooking/baking books available especially from Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson. But I restrict myself not to buy anymore cooking/baking books because I usually got my recipes online. This book is recommended by one of the baker whom I followed so it couldn't go wrong. Another book which is not in the picture is a photography book, the one and only book hubby got :/
Altogether, I spent only about RM250 for all these books. Where else to find such a good deal if not at BBW????
If you too went to BBW, please please please share your haul with me!! I really like to see what others bought and maybe can add some to my checklist on my next visit. Happy Shopping and Happy Reading!


6 love notes